Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Diamond and Pearl Episodes / DP 183: 開幕! シンオウリーグ・スズラン大会!!/Kaimaku! Sinnoh Leagu...
Thread Posts
07 Jun 2010 04:26 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 開幕! シンオウリーグ・スズラン大会!!/Kaimaku! Sinnoh League Suzuran taikai!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
23 Jun 2010 09:09 AM
Sunain Administrator
The official website has posted a synopsis for this episode stating there will be new information on the Black and White series as well as the climax for Satoshi.

サトシの旅もクライマックスへ!シンオウ地方最後のバトル、シンオウリーグが遂に幕を明ける!サトシとピカチュウの夢の結末は…!?▽アニメ新シリーズの衝撃情報を発表!

Satoshi's journey reaches the climax! The final battle in the Sinnoh Region and finally the end of the Sinnoh League! The conclusion of Satoshi and Pikachu's dream is...!? Shocking news about the new anime series will be announced.

Source: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_201007011900.html
02 Jul 2010 01:36 AM
Quote From: Sunain
The official website has posted a synopsis for this episode stating there will be new information on the Black and White series as well as the climax for Satoshi.

サトシの旅もクライマックスへ!シンオウ地方最後のバトル、シンオウリーグが遂に幕を明ける!サトシとピカチュウの夢の結末は…!?▽アニメ新シリーズの衝撃情報を発表!

Satoshi's journey reaches the climax! The final battle in the Sinnoh Region and finally the end of the Sinnoh League! The conclusion of Satoshi and Pikachu's dream is...!? Shocking news about the new anime series will be announced.

Source: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/detail/19406_201007011900.html

I really do hope they don`t end Satoshi`s journey here, to be honest I really think it`s far too soon, we`ve been with this show for so long, there`s no reason to stop.

Aside from that, this episode was one of my favourites in a long, long time. The introduction of such an ominous character, even controlling a Darkrai, with such litte information really provides some phenomenal suspicion and foreshadowing. Additionally, seeing Heracross, one of my, if not my favourite of Satoshi`s Johto Pokemon battle in close-combat using Focus Punch like that was incredibly fun to watch. This is becoming what seems to be the greatest Pokemon League Tournament, Satoshi is even splicing in his older Pokemon with his new, and the story is better than every before. I`ll definitely be watching this episode again in the future.
03 Jul 2010 05:34 PM
Glad to see the Pokémon League have finally started. I hope Ash will win the league this time.
Last edited 26 Jul 2010 10:03 AM by michan
05 Dec 2010 11:00 PM
Sunain Administrator
Characters in Episode: Current Episode Guide Info Correct? [Yes]

Written Biographies for Characters in Episode: Already Written

Pokemon in Episode: Current Episode Guide Info Correct? [Yes]

Characters Pokemon Attacks used in Episode:
- Naoshi's Roserade: Sweet Scent, Magical Leaf, Solarbeam
- Satoshi's Mukuhawk: Brave Bird, Close Combat
- Naoshi's Armaldo: Protect, Rock Blast, X-Scissor
- Satoshi's Magmarashi: Aerial Ace
- Satoshi's Heracros: Megahorn, Sleep Talk, Focus Punch, Horn Attack
- Naoshi's Korotok: Silver Wind, Sing, Fury Cutter

Episode Location: Sinnoh League (Lily of the Valley Island / Suzuran Island スズラン島)

Episode Highlights:
- Ash's Staraptor defeats Nando's Roserade.
- Nando's Armaldo defeats Ash's Staraptor.
- Ash's Quilava and Nando's Armaldo ends in a draw.
- A mysterious Darkrai trainer is revealed to be in the tournament.
- Ash's Heracross defeats Nando's Kricketune eliminating Nando from the competition.
- Ash, Barry, Conway and Paul advance to the next round.

Number of Times Team Rocket Blasted off in the episode: 0

Team Rocket Balloon Enhancements: None, no balloon appearance.

Did Team Rocket use a Mecha in the episode?: no

Easy to Spot Episode Edits:
- Link to Episode Edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1106#Edits

Episode Extras:
- Original Japanese airing announced the Movie 13 review quiz
- Revealed the name of the new "Best Wishes" anime series.
- Preview for Movie 12 special airing on TV Tokyo the next week
Last edited 05 Dec 2010 11:30 PM by Sunain
08 Dec 2010 04:20 PM
This was a good episode. I really liked how some of Ash's older Pokémon made an appearance. I wish that he had a Typhlosion but I guess then it wouldn't be as cute. Even so, it was nice to see his Heracross and Quilava again.
Ash's opponent was also interesting since he played music while he battled. Given this I thought he would have a Chatot but strangely, he didn't. He took his loss really well and that was also something I really liked. Perhaps the most interesting part of the episode was when Quilava and Armaldo knocked each other out. It was actually surprising to me that Quilava could take out a Pokémon so large but it did, although it did have a type advantage.
Overall this was a good start to the Sinnoh League.