Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 26: ヒウンシティのつり大会!釣りソムリエ・デント登場!!/Hiun City no tsu...
Thread Posts
07 Mar 2011 11:06 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ヒウンシティのつり大会!釣りソムリエ・デント登場!!/Hiun City no tsuritaikai! Tsuri sommelier Dent tōjō!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
07 Mar 2011 02:35 PM
Yet another Cilan episode. They really are making good use of him.
14 Jul 2011 06:30 AM
A really nice and funny episode! I just love how Dent get fired up about pretty much everything, and it makes you wonder how many things he's a sommelier for... not that they actually exist, anyway.
He's a really nice character, and they've really managed to make him unique, completely different from Takeshi (though I wouldn't mind him also being a 'Pretty Girl sommelier'... ha ha).

As for the episode, they've managed to make one about fishing fun and interesting, and were able to work a bit more on Dent's characterisation. I really wouldn't mind more episode like these.
Last edited 14 Jul 2011 06:31 AM by Chance
17 Oct 2011 01:56 AM
Sunain Administrator
I still don't like how the English dub calls Cilan a connoisseur instead of a sommelier as they end up having to change too many wine/aged references in this episode specifically because they don't want to reference wine or alcohol. While the souffle reference is a decent alternate, the cheese reference was just 'cheesy'.

Cilan in the English also has an exclusive "It's tasting Time" phrase that hasn't been used in the Japanese original up to this point. "Now it's catching time!" seemed more appropriate in the English dub than Dent's simple "I'll get you!" so that was a welcomed change that was in character for Cilan.

List of edits for BW26: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1247#Edits

Last edited 17 Oct 2011 02:08 AM by Sunain
18 Oct 2011 02:27 PM
Sunain Administrator
Added a couple more edits to this episode. Figured it was worth mentioning the continuity errors with Dent because now that the air order changed, aspects of some of the things that have gone on in the episode have already taken place in the original aired timeline.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1247#Edits-edit1242
http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1247#Edits-edit1241
05 Dec 2011 05:25 PM
Wow Sunain
I'm impressed at how you manage to notice so many subtleties between the original and English versions! Are you the one who does all the edits? That must take a lot of time.

I enjoyed this episode, but I wished that Satoshi would have caught the Pururiru that had interest in him or that Dent would have kept the Basurao he caught. It would have been pretty ridiculous if Team Rocket had gotten away with all of them.
The Pururiru was pretty funny and I also enjoyed Dent's Yanappu trying to run swim away from the Basurao, especially in the preview of this episode. I didn't realize that Basurao was such a dangerous Pokémon before watching this episode! However I must admit the blue one seems scaried than the red one. It was nice that the wild Pururiru helped the Basurao get free, but I still feel like Dent or another one of the characters could have caught one since they should have all been weakened previously. I also liked how Dent showed off his sommelier skills this episode as well.
05 Dec 2011 06:41 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Takeshi
Wow Sunain
I'm impressed at how you manage to notice so many subtleties between the original and English versions! Are you the one who does all the edits? That must take a lot of time.

Yup, it takes a little time doing the comparison but its a bit easier than you think the way I do it. Makes it pretty easy to spot the errors to record them here on the site. And yes, there are a lot more edits in Black and White than most people realize.