Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 47: オーベムとダブランと夢泥棒!/Obem to Doublan to yumedorob...
Thread Posts
01 Aug 2011 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: オーベムとダブランと夢泥棒!/Obem to Doublan to yumedorobō!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
01 Sep 2011 09:40 PM
Sunain Administrator
This was a great episode and finally broke away from they simple episode pattern that has been plaguing the series for a number of years. They need to make more episodes like this that aren't 'in the box' like they used to in the Kanto era.

Leon was a great villain and the references to guys like the one from Time Boken were quite evident in his character and in the little motto/song he did. The similarities to the movie Inception were also very prevalent.

Last edited 01 Sep 2011 10:15 PM by Sunain
16 Sep 2011 06:44 AM
Now that's interesting, I didn't quite think of Inception when I watched this episode, though there are indeed a few similarities.

Quote From: Sunain
This was a great episode and finally broke away from they simple episode pattern that has been plaguing the series for a number of years. They need to make more episodes like this that aren't 'in the box' like they used to in the Kanto era.

I do really agree with you on that one. Even though this episode wasn't quite my favorite, it was really nice to have something really fresh and original (as far as the 'pattern' of the episode is concerned). Things have got quite better with this series (as opposed to the original ones), though I also wish there were more episodes like this one during the 'between gym battles' story arcs, instead of fillers using the same ol' pattern.

Anyway, I did enjoy this episode, as I found it rather amusing and refreshing.
Last edited 16 Sep 2011 06:46 AM by Chance
05 Dec 2011 05:36 PM
I enjoyed this episode for its visuals more than for anything else. I was reminded of the Ligray episode with the references to outer space and the Psychic-moves were pretty cool. It was pretty funny for me when I saw the exit sign that they were always trying to find since it looked like the ones I saw in Taiwan when I went there this summer. I wonder if they are similar in Asia.
The gag they had of waking up Meowth was also pretty funny since they always woke him up during REM sleep which is when you are the most tired.
I had trouble understanding what Leon said at the end of every statement, though. I am pretty sure it wasn't Japanese.
I liked the UFO references they made this episode, like the previous one with Elygem. It seems like Oubem and Ligray have an interesting backstory that I would like to know about.
I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Officer Junsa hadn't come along to rescue them. It certainly would have been interesting to see how Satoshi and company would get their Pokémon back. Leon certainly had a pretty smart way of stealing things and making a getaway.
Overall a very interesting episode.
Last edited 06 Dec 2011 04:29 PM by Takeshi
06 Dec 2011 10:26 AM
Quote From: Takeshi
I had trouble understanding what Leon said at the end of every statement, though. I am pretty sure it wasn't Japanese.

I don't remember what he said precisely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be French... sincethere's quite the abundance of French words/expressions in Black and White. I'm sure Sunain could tell you which language the words are.

I can't help but wonder what would have happened if Officer Junsa hadn't come along to rescue them. It certainly would have been interesting to see how Satoshi and company would get their Pokémon back. Leon certainly had a pretty smart way of stealing things and making a getaway.

I think they would've been royally s****** up. I mean, for once, we have a Pokémon thief who not only knows what he's doing (unless certain people... like pre-BW Rocket Team), knows how to use his Pokémon abilities well to steal, and do all that without the victim realising what's happening.
And for once, Junsa-san actually does the job she's supposed to be doing, and for once, she's actually... useful. Yup, that doesn't happen that often in the Pokémon anime series, does it? ;)

Last edited 06 Dec 2011 10:27 AM by Chance
06 Dec 2011 12:31 PM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: Chance

I don't remember what he said precisely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be French... sincethere's quite the abundance of French words/expressions in Black and White. I'm sure Sunain could tell you which language the words are.

No, it's Japanese. It was "zansu", a variant of "gozaimasu".