Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 52: ライモンジム! 華麗なる電撃バトル!! /Raimon Gym! Kareinaru ...
Thread Posts
26 Aug 2011 08:22 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ライモンジム! 華麗なる電撃バトル!! /Raimon Gym! Kareinaru dengeki battle!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
29 Sep 2011 07:42 PM
Sunain Administrator
Finally Pikachu shows its a strong Pokemon, 2 KO's in one match, now that's what I'm talking about. It's already a super high level and whenever its used in battles like that it should be kicking some ass. At this point I can see why Pikachu should only be used in the leagues allowing Satoshi's other Pokemon to get strong by battling the trainers and gym leaders.
30 Sep 2011 12:37 PM
Pikachu is still the mascot of the franchise, which is why it still has to be used in most battles even though it constantly loses to pokemon it shouldn't. Its been like this for the last few generations.

Even in the AG and DP episodes, Pikachu would lose to a random wild pokemon or some "weaker" trainer. It isn't just Best Wishes that has done this with Pikachu.
10 Oct 2011 03:45 PM
Pikachu's behaviour in this episode was quite interesting... to see him disappointed and rather disheartened by the fact Satoshi didn't chose him at first for this gym battle.
This battle was quite nice, except for the 'middle' part, where Satoshi battled like a complete "n00b"... I've never been disappointed by Tsutarja's appearances so far, but you really have to wonder why Satoshi even chose it for this battle. I know it was for the whole attraction thing, but that felt kinda silly in my opinion.

Anyway, that episode was still great, despite some rather awkward parts (hopefully, Pikachu's battle really made up for Satoshi poor performance with Tsutarja). And the next episode looks as great... I absolutely love episode where Dent plays a prominent role. He's such a great character, and while I do miss Takeshi (and the good ol' paralysis gag from DP), I really got to give the writers credits for coming up with such an original 'side-kick' character, and not just a pale copy of Takeshi (a bit like that guy from the Orange Isles story-arc).

I really love the series so far. And it looks like it's not going to change any time soon.

Edit: is it me, or have they started using music from the previous generation in the past two episodes? Not already existing tracks, but rather some new version of previous series/games tracks...
Last edited 10 Oct 2011 03:47 PM by Chance
06 Dec 2011 02:33 PM
Quote From: Chance

This battle was quite nice, except for the 'middle' part, where Satoshi battled like a complete "n00b"...

Yeah, this battle was pretty interesting. I wonder why Satoshi put so much thought into types, though, especially when he usually just goes with a random Pokémon. I guess that's why he was losing at first. Also I can't believe he expected to defeat the whole gym with Gamagaru. That was pretty arrogant of him. It must have been pretty embarrassing for him when he had to get more Pokémon. I didn't think he would ever make that mistake....
I felt that Pikachu was really the one who led to Satoshi's victory. Not only in making Satoshi choose him for the last battle, but also in that Pikachu was the one who came up with the strategy to defeat the Shibishirasu. I felt the nod Pikachu gave Satoshi at the end was really a testament to the strength of their bond, and that was what let them win in the end. I liked it earlier when Pikachu was so excited he shocked everybody else.
03 Mar 2012 02:10 AM
Sunain Administrator
The English dub once again was very inconsistent with its usage of 'dizzy' (クラクラ). Most of the dub edits in the episode were all the difference usages of it.

Link to edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1305#Edits