Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 41: 全員集合!ドンバトル!!/Zenin shūgō! Don battle!!
Thread Posts
07 Jun 2011 01:43 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 全員集合!ドンバトル!!/Zenin shūgō! Don battle!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
03 Aug 2011 04:46 AM
An OK episode overall, though it was quite nice to see Satoshi finally using one of the many new Pokémon he's caught in the previous episodes. It makes thing a bit more interesting that way, not to see the same ol' Pokémon fighting again and again. Still, I do wonder if two water Pokémon isn't too redundant...
I have to admit I also like how they're not going with the usual rivals battles, but instead have each character fight someone else's rival (like Dent vs Shootie in the next episode, or Satoshi vs the Frenchie sommelière in this one). It really makes the whole Don Battles thing more interesting that way!

Last edited 03 Aug 2011 04:48 AM by Chance
03 Aug 2011 12:08 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Chance
I have to admit I also like how they're not going with the usual rivals battles, but instead have each character fight someone else's rival (like Dent vs Shootie in the next episode, or Satoshi vs the Frenchie sommelière in this one). It really makes the whole Don Battles thing more interesting that way!

I like that there is a lot of established secondary characters in this tournament and not just some character of the day's. It really makes this tournament all that more important and exciting when building up to the league.
06 Nov 2011 05:49 PM
Sunain Administrator
Wow, Burgundy is seriously the most annoying and one of the most heavily edited English dub characters. The excessive French that was poorly pronounced literally had no grammatical bearing most the time which made it really annoying. Cabernet used French in the Japanese original but not to the extend that Burgundy does.

Link to edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1275#Edits

Last edited 07 Nov 2011 10:25 PM by Sunain
07 Nov 2011 07:48 PM
I agree that having recurring characters and mixing up the battles in contests makes it more interesting. But I've always preferred the anime tournaments over just fighting the Elite Four in the games since it's not just the same trainers over and over again. I thought it would have been more interesting if each competitor could use three Pokémon (at least for the last battle) but that probably would have taken too long, seeing as how it was already three episodes long.
On a different note, I noticed Sunain's comment about the dub edits and I decided to take a look at the dubbed episode. I must admit I couldn't make it through 5 minutes. I haven't watched Pokémon in English in years, and I must say I understand why people who watch anime prefer the original over dubs. It just sounds so wrong.
It seems like many of the voice actors have changed, like for Jessie and James. Also, even the Pokédex voice has changed, it seems.
Last edited 07 Nov 2011 07:51 PM by Takeshi